RubyWorks production stack is a collection of open-source software required to host a RubyOnRails application on Linux servers.
Once you point your package manager (up2date, yum or apt-get) to RubyWorks repository and install the ‘rubyworks’ package, you’ll have all the necessary pieces pre-configured and ready to go. Moreover, there is a skeleton Rails application up and running on the server. It’s as close as we can get to one-click production deployment with Rails.
RubyWorks packages are provided for i386 and x86_64 hardware and support the following Linux flavors:
- RedHat Enterprise Linux 4 and 5
- CentOS 4 and 5
- Debian 4 (Etch)
- Ubuntu 7 (Feisty Fawn)
Support for Ubuntu 6 LTS will be added in future.
Why are you here today?
To check if RubyWorks is what I need.
Read the package overview.
To install RubyWorks.
Because I have a problem.
Hmm… sorry about that. Hopefully, our troubleshooting tips will help you solve it.
Just to read the manual.
Perfect. Start with the manual index below
- Installation continued… (customizing RubyWorks configuration to your needs)
- Package overview
- Important files and directories
- Serving Rails with Mongrel
- Load balancing with HAProxy
- Process management with runit
- Monitoring with monit
- Logs rotation
- Packaging and upgrades (TBD)
- Application deployment (TBD)
- Architecture planning guide (TBD)